Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I know, I know

I've been a bad bra crusader and haven't been keeping up the blog!

BUT... I have been trained and am now a professional bra fitter! I work for a great company called The Uplifting Makeover, LLC. Check them out at www.bramakeover.com.

What does this mean for you? This means I have even more bra knowledge, and will be learning more as I progress in my new career.

For example, I learned that bras will actually last a little longer if you wash them after every wear, instead of every other.

I learned that you should have at least 3 bras (I may have said that before) but here's why - 1 to wash, 1 to wear, and 1 waiting in the drawer.

I learned that pushup bras are sized differently.

I learned that fake boobs are not always the size the doctor says he's making you. For example, the doc says he's making you a D cup, but he's going by the size of implant, not the rib and chest measurements. So you might really be a 34F when he's done.

I learned more about fitting, like the strap should be tightened so you can fit 1 or 2 fingers under it (lift it just slightly off your shoulder). You should not be able to lift it more than an inch or two off your shoulder. Also, the strap should fit flat against your chest. (no one had told me that before.)

I am uber excited to start selling bras. It's hard for me because I am pretty quiet and introverted, and now I have to sell myself. But I'm going to work hard at this. It will be a little slow at first, while I build a customer base. It will be hard whenever I move, especially if we get the post we want in another country, but I will keep working on it.

I think it might be easier for me since my husband is so supportive about schedules and I don't have kids, like most of our consultants.

No comments:

Post a Comment